TOWN OF ROLLINSFORD
Monday, May 19
The Select Board will hold a public hearing to review proposed changes to the town ordinances, specifically to add the ordinances below.
- The Select Board held a public hearing on the liquid discharge ordinance in February 2014; the Board has not yet passed the ordinance. The penalties section has been modified to align it with the penalties in the ordinance on travel restrictions
- The Select Board will hear comments on ordinance 14.001 first and then hear comments on ordinance 14.002.
LIQUIDS ON STREETS AND SIDEWALKS
14.001 Interference with Vehicular or Pedestrian Traffic.
No person shall deposit or cause to be deposited, including but not limited to deposits from roof and/or foundation drains, any liquid from private property in or upon any street, sidewalk or city-owned land in the Town of Rollinsford in such a manner so as to cause a condition hazardous to pedestrian movements or to the normal and reasonable flow of motor vehicular traffic.
Any person who shall violate this ordinance shall be subject to a civil forfeiture fine. A complaint will be registered to the owner of the property to appear in the 7TH Circuit Court-Dover District where the fine shall be $100.00 daily.
14.002 Commercial Vehicle Travel Restricted
No vehicle with a gross weight rating of 26,000 pounds or higher shall utilize any Town road listed in Table 1 (14.002) below for travel in or through the Town.
1) Said vehicles are permitted to travel on the Town roads listed in Table 1 (14.002) below for the purpose of delivering or receiving goods and services to a specific, identifiable destination on the roads listed.
2) Emergency vehicles (fire, police, ambulance) or any other public safety vehicle, or any vehicle owned or operated by the Town.
3) Agricultural vehicles.
4) Vehicles that are being contracted by the Town for Town business, or privately owned vehicles in the performance of public safety (electrical service vehicles, tree removal vehicles, cable installation vehicles, telephone company vehicles).
Table 1 (14.002)
|2||Pinch Hill Road|
Any person who shall violate this ordinance shall subject to a civil forfeiture fine. A complaint will be registered to the driver of the vehicle to appear in the 7TH Circuit Court-Dover District where the fine shall be $100.00 and up to $500.00 for any subsequent offense.